Sunday, January 3, 2010

DRAGON SLIPPERS by Jessica Day George

Never underestimate the power of a great opening line. DRAGON SLIPPERS starts like this, "It was my aunt who decided to give me to the dragon." I was immediately hooked. Who was this girl? Why did her aunt give her to a dragon?

DRAGON SLIPPERS has the feel of a fairy tale, but our heroine is no Sleeping Beauty. What I liked best about Creel is that she's frequently petrified, but finds the courage to confront danger anyway. She says, "I would rather die tonight trying to help my friends, than stand by tomorrow..."

I loved the talking dragons, each with a distinct personality, and the story has just enough romance to add a bit of spice.

The sequel is called DRAGON FLIGHT, and the first chapter is printed at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment