Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August--#MSBookFest And #MGGetsReal!

Whew! August was a busy month. I attended the Mississippi Book Festival in Jackson.


Here I am on a panel moderated by Deborah Wiles. The other authors are John Claude Bemis, Augusta Scattergood, Esta Spalding, John David Anderson, me, and Kathi Appelt. My new claim to fame is that I rubbed elbows with Kathi--literally! It was a tight squeeze down on the end.

Lots of cool marketing opportunities came my way with #MGGetsReal. Mr. Schu debuted the #MGGetsReal video. You can watch it on his blog, Watch. Connect. Read.

I grabbed the chance to blog for the Nerdy Book Club. You can read my post, "Middle Grade Books Serve As Windows and Mirrors," here.

Patricia Toht interviewed me about RUBY LEE & ME and the #MGGetsReal initiative. You can read it on the GROG.

And as part of the #MGGetsReal campaign, Kerry O'Malley Cerra compiled a list of 164 books that tackle tough topics for a Middle Grade Audience. You can view the list on The Pragmatic Mom blog.


A busy summer is winding down. Happy Fall, Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment